Recipe by Tom Lambie
This recipe I found at a bed and breakfast in Door County, Wisconsin. This area is known for it's cherry orchards. This recipe is outstanding to serve, it is quick, simple and very good.
- 4 cups tart red cherries, pitted
- 1 -2 cup butter, melted
- 1 yellow cake mix, with pudding
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 cake pan Preheat the oven to 350 degrees LAYER ONE: Sprinkle the cherries into the pan.
- LAYER TWO: Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the cherries.
- LAYER THREE: Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- LAYER FOUR: Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or with cool whip.