- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar, divided
- 44.37 ml sugar, divided
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 868.28 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml dried cherries
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml shortening, divided
- 9.85 ml shortening, divided
- 4 (113.39 g) white chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate one egg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in remaining eggs and reserved egg yolk. Beat in extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Turn onto floured surface. Knead in cherries and almonds. Divide dough in half; spape each portion into a 12x3" rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 28-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle diagonally into 18 slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of biscotti. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt white chocolate and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of biscotti. Place on waxed paper; set stand until set. Store in an airtight container.