1/3 Photos of Door County Cherry Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
obtained from Taste of Home, June/July 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares
- 1Separate one egg; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in remaining eggs and reserved egg yolk. Beat in extract.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 4Turn onto floured surface. Knead in cherries and almonds. Divide dough in half; spape each portion into a 12x3" rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- 5Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 6Bake at 350F for 28-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- 7Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle diagonally into 18 slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 8In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of biscotti. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- 9Melt white chocolate and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of biscotti. Place on waxed paper; set stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Door County Cherry Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 45.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: