Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a combination of a few different recipes I've tried over the years.
Make and share this Doog's Salisbury Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g ground round
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 78.07 ml breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml prepared horseradish
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml brown mustard
- Combine soup, mustard, Worcestershire and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together well ground round, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture.
- Shape into six Salisbury steak patties and place in a baking dish. Bake @ 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon off excess grease. You can also put a slice of bread beneath each patty to soak up the grease - discard the bread prior to pouring the remaining soup mixture over the steaks.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over steaks and return to oven for 10 minutes.
Yum! I've always made salisbury steak on the stove top before so was really intrigued with baking them instead. It worked really well and we enjoyed this tasty dinner. Thanks doogsteroflove for another keeper. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
This turns out really yummy! The sauce is really tangy and good! My very picky 5yr old scarfed it up and asked for more! And the 4 other kids and my husband and I loved it as well. I didn't have the brown mustard, so I substituted yellow, and it still turned out great.