Recipe by Gagoo
This is a combination of a few different recipes I've tried over the years.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I've always made salisbury steak on the stove top before so was really intrigued with baking them instead. It worked really well and we enjoyed this tasty dinner. Thanks doogsteroflove for another keeper. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, mustard, Worcestershire and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together well ground round, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture.
- Shape into six Salisbury steak patties and place in a baking dish. Bake @ 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon off excess grease. You can also put a slice of bread beneath each patty to soak up the grease - discard the bread prior to pouring the remaining soup mixture over the steaks.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over steaks and return to oven for 10 minutes.