Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a very old one that I found in a magazine many years ago. Every time I bake it, I get rave reviews for it and people are always asking for a copy of the recipe. I have found that it needs to bake about 15 minutes longer in my oven in order to get completely done in the middle.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake ingredients together.
- Pour into 13"x9"x2" cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- TOPPING: Mix milk, margarine and sugar together in saucepan.
- Boil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Pecans and coconut.
- Pour over cake while still hot.
This is the best cake, you go Carol!!!!! Highly recommended!