Recipe by CountryLady
The perfect finish to a dinner party - adults only! It can also be made with stale cinnamon buns. Standing time hasn't been included.
- 1⁄3 cup diced dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup warm brandy (or orange juice)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk (not skim)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups cubed day-old glazed doughnuts (or stale)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruit& brandy in a small bowl; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Beat next 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add donuts& stir until coated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold in fruit mixture.
- Turn into greased 9 x 13 ovenproof dish& bake in a preheated 350F oven about 50 minutes or until puffed& set.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan; add brown sugar& bourbon.
- Heat& stir over medium heat for about 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Add whipping cream; stir until warm.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of sauce over each serving of warm pudding& the remainder into a small pitcher on the side.