Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Received this recipe in an email and had to post! Will be making these soon, sounds so simple and tastey!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes
- While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Let cool and serve.
Really enjoyed these muffin/donuts! I used butter, as it is what I had on hand. I don't think it made a difference in the recipe! I forgot to reduce my oven temp, as I used a dark pan. They were done in 15 minutes, with a sweet crust and a moist, tender inside! :) YUM! Thanks for sharing, AZPARZYCH!
Oh my gosh are these donut/muffins good! I used butter in place of margarine (as that is what I keep on hand), and reduced the nutmeg slightly to about 1/4 teaspoon, just personal preference. So yummy! Thoroughly enjoyed them for breakfast and again later for afternoon snack with a cuppa. DH has already asked me to make them again. I think that they would freeze nicely, too. Thanks, AZPARZYCH!
I made these gluten-free in my daughters mini doughnut maker... took about 6-7 minutes per 8 that I did... the kids loved them and so did I! We made some with powdered sugar and some we dipped in maple syrup... so quick and easy! Thanks for sharing...