Recipe by LAURIE
When I was a little girl my gramma used to make us donut sundaes with lefover donuts and ice cream, this is my version for when you have leftover donuts! I am posting this with all the variations we like, but for example 1 quart of ice cream will fill 6 donuts nicely. For one person this is a great snack but they do keep frozen, if you can keep the kids away from them! The possibilities are endless...enough to put any kid in a sugar high!!!
- 1 cake doughnut, any kind, plain, chocolate, powdered, cinnamon, frosted
- 1 scoop ice cream, any kind
garnishes any kind
- candy sprinkles or miniature chocolate chips or chopped nuts or shredded coconut or chopped decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut donut in half like a bagel.
- Place large scoop of ice cream on half and press other half on top, pushing ice cream slightly out the sides.
- Roll the edges and the holes in the garnish/es of choice.
- OR wrap tightly and freeze.
- Our favorite combos are:.
- double chocolate donut, fudge ripple ice cream, coconut.
- plain donut, chocolate ice cream, sprinkles.
- chocolate frosted donut, peanut butter fudge ice cream, chopped peanuts.
- plain donut, butter pecan ice cream, chopped pecans.
- double chocolate donut, strawberry ice cream, mini chocolate chips.
- cinnamon coated donut, vanilla ice cream, chopped nuts and coconut.
- powdered sugar donut, cookies and cream ice cream and crushed oreos.
- plain donut, chocolate ice cream, crushed reeses pieces or peanut butter cups.
- and so on and so on and so on -- .