Recipe by dojemi
These are a real kid pleaser. My son still asks for them and he's 27. Guess they're an adult pleaser too. Cook time is per batch. I have found that the coating adheres better if donuts are still warm.
Top Review by Nellie #2
these were great. I didn't have any peanut oil, so I used canola with about 1 T of PB instead in the donut mix. Fab flavor for these cake donuts. I had a hard time modulating the temperature, (stovetop not deep fryer) so they got dark quickly, but definitely a simple and yummy quick treat.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- peanut oil (for frying)
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a large bowl, beat well.
- Stir in orange juice, 1/4 cup peanut oil and grated orange peel.
- Mix in sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour and beat in well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into deep, hot (375 degree) peanut oil.
- Deep fry till well browned (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Put cinnamon sugar in zip-lock bag.
- Add a few donut holes at a time and shake to coat.