Recipe by MacChef
SINFUL! Best bread pudding ever! I use Krispy Kreme donuts for this recipe. If you can't get them in your area, use a donut that is not too big. KK donuts are approximately 3.5 inches in diameter. I got this recipe from Paula Deen.
Top Review by NovaM
This is not for the faint hearted ! I felt it was sweet enough without the rum sauce and just served it with cream. The rum sauce was just too sickly sweet for my tastes. The kids loved this !
- 2 dozen doughnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, undrained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) box raisins (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pudding, cube donuts and place in large casserole dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Combine all other pudding ingredients and pour over donuts. Let sit for 10 - 15 minutes so that the donuts soak up the custard/fruit mixture.
- Bake pudding at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- For the butter rum sauce, melt butter and slowly add confectioners sugar and rum. Heat until bubbly and serve over pudding.