Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
turn a slightly stale slice of bread into a jam donut. the taste is just like a donut. makes a great dessert. i saw nigella lawson do this on television
- mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl, then soak slightly stale bread slice in egg mixture.
- heat oil and butter in frying bread about 2 minutes on each side until golden. remove to plate.
- sprinkle with sugar.
- spread with strawberry jam.
- sprinkle with icing sugar.
- can be eaten with a spoon.
- these are so rich, most will only eat one.