Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
My Granny's banana pudding - the only one that's worth me spending the calories on! As the recipe title suggests, I won't touch the kind made with instant banana pudding - and don't give me anything with meringue on it, either...this doesn't last much more than a day around here. Chilling time is not included in time estimates.
Top Review by RECIPE ADDICT
Excellent!!, I agree with you, no instant pudding!! As soon as I see a recipe that calls for even boxed pudding, I pass it by. I just happened to have all of the ingredients for your recipe so I made it just as you said, no low fat for me!! It will go into my do again cook book, Thanks so much for posting it, Vi
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 3 large bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and flour; add milk and beaten egg - whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Cool completely.
- Stir sour cream into pudding.
- Layer in this manner; 1/2 of the wafers, 1/2 of the bananas, 1/2 of the pudding, and 1/2 of the cool whip.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate approximately 8 hours or overnight before serving.