Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's sort of like a basic chicken and rice dish, but I added a few other things. Everyone that I have served it to likes it. Feel free to add more seasoning or take away what you don't like. It's easier than it looks.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter (chef's choice) or 1⁄3 cup margarine (chef's choice)
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, boil water. Add rice; remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- In medium-sized skillet over medium heat, melt half of margarine.
- Add green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Sauté until desired tenderness; remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, melt rest of margarine. Add chicken; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Sauté chicken until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- In a small bowl mix together soup and milk, blending well. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Simmer over low to medium heat until heated through. Serve over rice.
This is an easy and delicious dish that is very easy to modify to your families tastes. Besides cutting the chicken and veggies, there is very little work. I add a small can of diced green chilies and a can of artichoke hearts, and usually sub cream of mushroom soup because I have it on hand. TO add color when serving for company I add red and yellow peppers as well for a visually attractive dish. I have made this a number of times, and it is a hit with everyone I serve it to.
This was a wonderful dinner! We love rice and chicken dishes, but the green peppers appealed to us in this one...and it was really good! The chicken was tender and the whole thing was very tasty. YUM!