Yes, this cake is made with beets! And you won't believe how great it is. I got the recipe from a friend who said it is the most requested cake in her family. Even the kids want it for their birthday cake. I baked it for one of our family gatherings and now, I get lots of requests for it too. The batter looks red, but the red bakes out. I use an almond flavored frosting on it sometimes. Other times I just serve it with homemade whipped cream.
- Heat oven to 350 °, grease and flour 13x9 baking pan.
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, beets and walnuts.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Pour into pan, bake for 45 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.