1/1 Photo of Don't Get Crabby With Me Salad (Crab Louis)
Pot Scrubber's Note:
I was surprised at the few recipes for Crab Louis Salad on 'Zaar, and so I am posting the one I have been making for twenty years. From Joy of Cooking copyright 1964
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper (red or green- your choice)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (some shredded or torn and a few whole leaves that look pretty)
- 2 cups cooked crab meat (I have never used canned)
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1Arrange around the rim of a bowl some whole lettuce leaves.
- 2Place in the center of the bowl about 1/2 cup shredded lettuce leaves.
- 3Combine ingredients 1-9 in a bowl to make the Crab Louis sauce. Chill it if you have time for a few hours -- It will be better.
- 4Add enough sauce to crab meat until crab is well coated but not runny and toss thoroughly. (you might not use all of the sauce).
- 5Assemble into bowls and garnish with chopped eggs.
- 6best if chilled but sometimes I can't wait.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Don't Get Crabby With Me Salad (Crab Louis)
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.8
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 371.7 mg
- Sodium 1875.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 30.5 g