- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper (red or green- your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (some shredded or torn and a few whole leaves that look pretty)
- 2 cups cooked crab meat (I have never used canned)
- 2 eggs, boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange around the rim of a bowl some whole lettuce leaves.
- Place in the center of the bowl about 1/2 cup shredded lettuce leaves.
- Combine ingredients 1-9 in a bowl to make the Crab Louis sauce. Chill it if you have time for a few hours -- It will be better.
- Add enough sauce to crab meat until crab is well coated but not runny and toss thoroughly. (you might not use all of the sauce).
- Assemble into bowls and garnish with chopped eggs.
- best if chilled but sometimes I can't wait.