Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple weeknight meal that my family really likes. I used to make the canned stuff (and was happy with it for a no fuss dinner), but now that I've come up with this recipe that I put together from reading all different ones I'll never go back to that again. This is just as easy and tastes way better.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormicks broiled steak seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- hamburger buns or roll
- Brown beef til no longer pink. Strain away any fat and return meat to pan.
- Add steak seasoning, onion and pepper. Cover and cook about 5 minutes til veggies are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer about 20 minutes till mixture thickens.
- Serve on hamburger buns or rolls -- Enjoy!
This was delicious and so easy to make. It was a little sweet for me but everyone else in my family liked it that way. I would recommend tasting the sauce before adding the brown sugar if you don't like it too sweet. I'll definitely being making this again.
mmm... the smell made my mouth water. i browned beef expecting to make tacos for dinner, then to my dismay, we were out of seasoning! i quickly found this recipe and was so happy to see i had everything on hand. also not too bad if you're on weight watchers! i had one serving, it was only SIX points. serve with a salad, carrots and water and it's a great quick meal :)!! kudos!