Recipe by Michele Lee
Simple weeknight meal that my family really likes. I used to make the canned stuff (and was happy with it for a no fuss dinner), but now that I've come up with this recipe that I put together from reading all different ones I'll never go back to that again. This is just as easy and tastes way better.
Top Review by tacobarlass
This was delicious and so easy to make. It was a little sweet for me but everyone else in my family liked it that way. I would recommend tasting the sauce before adding the brown sugar if you don't like it too sweet. I'll definitely being making this again.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormicks broiled steak seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- hamburger buns or roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef til no longer pink. Strain away any fat and return meat to pan.
- Add steak seasoning, onion and pepper. Cover and cook about 5 minutes til veggies are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer about 20 minutes till mixture thickens.
- Serve on hamburger buns or rolls -- Enjoy!