Helping Hands's Note:
My husband and I like the idea of eating fish at least once per week, but, the problem is, we don't particulary care for fish (except for shell-fish). Imagine my surprise, then, when I came home from work, one night this week, and my husband had these waiting for me. This is a continuation of our attempts to experiment with fish recipes, that sort of disguise the taste of fish. And, this one was a lovely surprise, to both of us! We really enjoyed these salmon cakes, so I decided to share the recipe (for other non-fish lovers, and fish-lovers, alike). This is a low carb dish; thus, the pork rinds, instead of breadcrumbs (you can substitute breadcrumbs, if you prefer; however, the spicy pork rinds are what gives it a bit of a spicy bite). Please note that the prep/cooking does not include the one hour marinating time. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully flake salmon into a bowl, discarding the bones, etc.
- 2In a seperate samll bowl, mix the garlic, cream, eggs, and Worcestershire Sauce.
- 3Fold this mixture into the salmon with a rubber spatula.
- 4Fold in half of the crushed pork rinds.
- 5Pat the salmon into patties.
- 6Coat them with remaining crushed pork rinds.
- 7Cover loosely, and marinate in fridge, for 1 hour.
- 8Melt butter and oil in electric frying pan, or stove-top skillet, over med heat.
- 9Cook the salmon patties, four at a time, for 3-4 mins per side.
- 10Press down gentely on patties with spatula, and add additional oil or butter, as needed.
- 11Remove to papertowls, and drain.
- 12Serve with a mixture of mayo and Dijon mustard, for dipping.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Don's Spicy Salmon Cakes (For Non-Fish Lovers)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.2 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy pork rinds