Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband and I like the idea of eating fish at least once per week, but, the problem is, we don't particulary care for fish (except for shell-fish). Imagine my surprise, then, when I came home from work, one night this week, and my husband had these waiting for me. This is a continuation of our attempts to experiment with fish recipes, that sort of disguise the taste of fish. And, this one was a lovely surprise, to both of us! We really enjoyed these salmon cakes, so I decided to share the recipe (for other non-fish lovers, and fish-lovers, alike). This is a low carb dish; thus, the pork rinds, instead of breadcrumbs (you can substitute breadcrumbs, if you prefer; however, the spicy pork rinds are what gives it a bit of a spicy bite). Please note that the prep/cooking does not include the one hour marinating time. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- Carefully flake salmon into a bowl, discarding the bones, etc.
- In a seperate samll bowl, mix the garlic, cream, eggs, and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Fold this mixture into the salmon with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in half of the crushed pork rinds.
- Pat the salmon into patties.
- Coat them with remaining crushed pork rinds.
- Cover loosely, and marinate in fridge, for 1 hour.
- Melt butter and oil in electric frying pan, or stove-top skillet, over med heat.
- Cook the salmon patties, four at a time, for 3-4 mins per side.
- Press down gentely on patties with spatula, and add additional oil or butter, as needed.
- Remove to papertowls, and drain.
- Serve with a mixture of mayo and Dijon mustard, for dipping.