Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A old family friend taught me how to make these. I adore them!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn oil (for frying)
- As you peel the potatoes, add them to a bowl of VERY cold water which covers potatoes.
- As you grate the potatoes, add them to another bowl of VERY cold water that covers them.
- Drain potatoes and dry on paper towels.
- In large bowl; mix eggs enough to combine yolks and whites.
- Stir in rest of ingredients (except oil).
- In large heavy skillet, over med heat, heat 3 Tbls of oil.
- Drop about 2 Tbls of mixture into oil, spread into 3-inch patty.
- Turn once; fry until cooked thoroughly and golden brown (5-6 min.) Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.