Recipe by Lois M
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers, and is very versatile re: what meat/fish you use. My friend Donny made these for me and I loved them, I think the recipe originated in one of the Company's coming cookbooks, but both Donny & I have adjusted some stuff to our taste. Great pot luck addition.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
I have had this saved for the longest time and finally made it. It is terrific! After reading all the reviews, I used 2 cups chicken, a box of fresh stir fry veggies and a large onion. I also used only about 3/4 of the cooked pasta. It really is delicious and easy!! I will be making again and again! Lois, thank you so much for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cups leftover or fresh pork or 2 cups beef or 2 cups chicken or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups crab or 2 cups turkey
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced on an angle 1/4 inch long
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use light)
- 1 lb vermicelli (fine spagetti)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in large covered sauce pan until boiling, add noodles, bring back to a boil,stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, then turn heat off and let stand until ready to use.
- Heat oil in wok, adding garlic& ginger, cook until tender.
- Add meat, (brown if not yet cooked, otherwise just heat through) then cayenne, green onions, oyster sauce& curry powder.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Drain noodles, add to wok and toss May be served now, but re-heats really well.