Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish is a great way of using up leftovers, and is very versatile re: what meat/fish you use. My friend Donny made these for me and I loved them, I think the recipe originated in one of the Company's coming cookbooks, but both Donny & I have adjusted some stuff to our taste. Great pot luck addition.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cups leftover or fresh pork or 2 cups beef or 2 cups chicken or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups crab or 2 cups turkey
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced on an angle 1/4 inch long
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use light)
- 1 lb vermicelli (fine spagetti)
- Heat water in large covered sauce pan until boiling, add noodles, bring back to a boil,stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, then turn heat off and let stand until ready to use.
- Heat oil in wok, adding garlic& ginger, cook until tender.
- Add meat, (brown if not yet cooked, otherwise just heat through) then cayenne, green onions, oyster sauce& curry powder.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Drain noodles, add to wok and toss May be served now, but re-heats really well.
I have had this saved for the longest time and finally made it. It is terrific! After reading all the reviews, I used 2 cups chicken, a box of fresh stir fry veggies and a large onion. I also used only about 3/4 of the cooked pasta. It really is delicious and easy!! I will be making again and again! Lois, thank you so much for sharing your recipe!
Another of those recipes that has seen to many a making - but still needing a review. My well worn copy tells me I've been making this recipe since September 2004. Love this recipe, so easy - so good. Other then using less of the cayenne I make as posted. I think my favorite additions are chicken and shrimp. Often make chicken breast with this recipe in mind - as well as keeping shrimp on hand in freezer to add to the noodles. Thank you Lois and thanks to Donny for sharing a recipe that has become an all time favorite at our house.
Made this as per the recipe using shrimp.I thought it was good, but not great.It was very fast and easy- thanks for sharing.