Recipe by cookwithlove
This family-favorite eggless recipe turns out muffins that are moist, delicious, low in sugar and healthy in a snap! I cook, puree, and freeze pumpkin & dense winter squashes in 1-cup quantities to use in this recipe, but canned pumpkin is fine, too.
Top Review by Suasoria
These baked up tall and golden, and look great (haven't tasted them yet). However there is no sugar listed in the recipe, although the instructions mention it. I used a half cup of baking sugar (not powdered/confectioner's) and a scant quarter cup of agave syrup. We'll see how that comes out...
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger (or 1/2 t ginger powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1⁄2 cup plain vegan milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, nuts, raisins, vegan chips. (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lighly grease a 12-cup muffin pan or use liners.
- Sift together flour, sugar, powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, blend remaining ingredients (I use a blender) except optional items.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir with a spooon until moistened. Don't overmix.
- Fill muffin cups evenly. Mine always end up very full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or 15 minutes on convection. Test to see that tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.