Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This family-favorite eggless recipe turns out muffins that are moist, delicious, low in sugar and healthy in a snap! I cook, puree, and freeze pumpkin & dense winter squashes in 1-cup quantities to use in this recipe, but canned pumpkin is fine, too.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger (or 1/2 t ginger powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1⁄2 cup plain vegan milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, nuts, raisins, vegan chips. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lighly grease a 12-cup muffin pan or use liners.
- Sift together flour, sugar, powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, blend remaining ingredients (I use a blender) except optional items.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir with a spooon until moistened. Don't overmix.
- Fill muffin cups evenly. Mine always end up very full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or 15 minutes on convection. Test to see that tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.