Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my family's favorite "comfort foods". I took it to a sick friend once who also "hates tuna casseroles". He thought it was chicken. :) Try it, I think you'll want it as a keeper!
- 1 (8 ounce) package fine egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- breadcrumbs, for top
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mushroom soup, onion salt and parsley flakes.
- Carefully stir in tuna and noodles.
- You may need to thin with a little milk. During the baking the noodles tend to soak up the moisture and can be dry.
- Spoon into a casserole dish, top with bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered 350F for 30-35 minutes until heated through.
- I serve it with a crisp green salad and hot dinner rolls.
FABULOUS!!! My family absolutely loved this recipe. I generally am not a fan of Tuna Noodle Casserole, but the cream cheese and sour cream in this recipe made it stand out from all the others I tried. I followed the recipe except that I used Italian seasoning in place of the parsley flakes & used Panko breadcrumbs for the topping. I came home from work and put this together in just about 15 mins, had a glass of wine, steamed some veggies and it was a fantastic weeknight meal. We also enjoyed the leftovers the next day for lunch. This has gone into my 5-star favorites file. Thanks for sharing!!!
Of all of the tuna casserole recipes that I have tried, this is by far the best! I love how creamy the cream cheese and sour cream combination make the sauce; it's outstanding! I made it just like the recipe states, except instead of breadcrumbs I opted to put mozzarella cheese on top. I find that when reheating, any kind of crumb topping becomes soggy. Next time, I think I will add some peas and carrots, just to give it a little something extra. Thanks Caolyn2 for a terrific recipe!
All of my fav's, sour cream and cream cheese are in this great casserole. I really like it.