Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes great! Looks great! Is easy to make! What's not to like? This recipe is from my cousin, Donna Anderson. I have been making and enjoying this for at least twenty years. It is good hot or cold any time of the day. Works for the family or company. I have been asked for the recipe many times. Good thing it is easy to remember!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- taco sauce
- Unroll crescent rolls and press on bottom and slightly up the sides of a greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain and add the taco seasoning and refried beans. Mix well and spread this mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
- Beat egg and combine with sour cream and cheese. Spread on top of beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to set for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into individual servings and top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and taco sauce. or your choice of toppings. Chopped avacado is also good.
This was a winner for my family! It was quick enough for a weeknight dinner, yet would be great for a casual company meal. Of course, it was very appetizing and colorful with lettuce and tomato on top, but no one was willing to wait while I took pictures! Next time...