Recipe by oilpatchjo
This cheesecake recipe is from Donna a very dear old friend of mine who would regularly bring this to our church functions this recipe is probably over 30 years old. The cheesecake has a creamy texture and a great lemon taste. It is easy to make!
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (soft or substitute margarine also soft)
- 40 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: In a medium bowl with hands or the back of a spoon mix graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup soft butter until they are well combined. Press mixture on bottom and sides of 9 inch spring form pan building up sides of pan to form a rim all around. Refrigerate until needed. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Filling: In a large bowl of a electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar flour, lemon peel and vanilla. Beat on high speed just until blended. Beat in eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Add cream, beating until just blended. Pour into crust lined spring form pan. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes then turn temperature down to 250 degrees and bake for 1 hour. After the cheesecake comes out of the oven spread sour cream on top of cheesecake. Let cool in spring form pan on wire rack until cool to touch then refrigerate overnight for best results. To serve remove loosen crust from sides of pan and remove side of spring form pan and slip a long enough knife underneath the crust of the bottom of cheesecake the bottom should be very hard and the cheesecake will slide very easily to a platter for serving.
- Garnish with fruit, whipping cream or many types of toppings!