Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
A good friend of mine makes this cake and I just had to have the recipe. This is the best melt in your mouth lemon cake you've ever tasted. It's rich and very moist.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
My lemon-loving DH really enjoyed this cake, in place of the lemon extract I added in 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, please don't omit the frosting it really adds so much more flavor to the cake, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
- 524.46 g yellow cake mix
- 85.04 g package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml water, boiling
- 177.44 ml oil
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 59.14-78.07 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 0.25 ml lemon extract (kicks it up a notch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease & Flour Bundt Pan.
- Dissolve lemon jello in the 3/4 water let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix cake mix lemon Jell-O, lemon extract, eggs & oil beat for 3 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven let it cool for about 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
- punch holes all over cake and pour frosting over cake while it is still a little warm.