Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good friend of mine makes this cake and I just had to have the recipe. This is the best melt in your mouth lemon cake you've ever tasted. It's rich and very moist.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 dash lemon extract (kicks it up a notch)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease & Flour Bundt Pan.
- Dissolve lemon jello in the 3/4 water let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix cake mix lemon Jell-O, lemon extract, eggs & oil beat for 3 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven let it cool for about 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
- punch holes all over cake and pour frosting over cake while it is still a little warm.
My lemon-loving DH really enjoyed this cake, in place of the lemon extract I added in 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, please don't omit the frosting it really adds so much more flavor to the cake, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
WOW! Served this for Easter family get-together and got rave reviews! Refreshing taste and easy prep. Reminded me of a cake served by a neighbor in my youth. She would bring it outside on the picnic table and serve it to the neighbor kids with sweet tea! That was 40 years ago and I've been looking for the recipe ever since. Thanks for the memories and the really great recipe!
Outstanding cake. Great flavour, excellant texture. Big and bold, a moist, rich, cake with subtle lemon flavouring. The frosting is very citrusy and tart. A perfect topping for the cake. Thanks so much for sharing V.