Recipe by Hill Family
How could you bake with strawberry jam when it is so good standing alone?
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I halved this recipe to make one loaf, and it was delicious. It took a full 55 minutes to bake. However, I must have done something wrong because, after I removed it from the oven, the middle sank! It was very tasty though, if not as attractive as it should be. I will have to figure out what I did wrong, because I will want to make this again. Thanks for posting! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon extract together. Add eggs.
- Sift flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda together and set aside.
- Mix strawberry jam and sour cream together.
- Add the dry ingredients and jam mixture to the butter mixture, alternating each mixture.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter in well greased and floured loaf pans - 4 small pans or 2 large pans.
- Bake at 350* for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool 10 min in the pan. Serve with cream cheese.