Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Everyone loves these... they are a family favorite. This recipe will be eaten completely at a family gathering with 9 adults and 9 children (the kids don't eat very much).
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked until crisp and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped (may use yellow, red, or green as alternate)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cook bacon until crisp and cut into small pieces.
- Saute onion and pepper in some reserved bacon grease (maybe a couple of teaspoons).
- Combine all ingredients in oven proof container and bake uncovered for 3 hours at 300°F Stir a couple of times during cooking.
Everyone loved this recipe. I made exactly as written except I topped the beans with green bell pepper rings for more color. Will make this over and over again. Thanks for sharing it, Chef Tanyaw.