Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
A Great meal for Dinner Parties and/or Holiday Get gatherings. This dish is rich and hearty, It won't leave you feeling hungry!
- 1 lb sirloin steak (cut into thin fajita-type strips)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) bag egg noodles (I use the wide ones)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (I use Green Giant in the jar but drain them first.)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, I marinate my beef strips.
- (my marinade is posted on this site.) Cook egg noodles as directed, drain them and set them aside.
- Saute onions until translucent in the butter but do not drain them you want to keep the butter.
- Cook beef strips in the Worcestershire sauce on low to med heat until done, drain off and save the juice and let it cool.
- Set the beef strips aside.
- Use a large mixing bowl and with a mixer, mix the sour cream, cooled beef juices and cream cheese.
- Pour the noodles into a extra-large skillet or soup pot and add the beef,onions in butter,mushrooms, water chestnuts, peas, sour cream mixture and the spices.
- Simmer mixture on low until hot and bubbly.
- This dish can be poured into a large casserole dish and sprinkled with shredded Parmesans or mozzarella cheese and then baked in the oven until cheese has melted.
- Delicious with a salad and yeast rolls or Garlic bread!