Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have no idea where I got this recipe or who Donna is, but this is a simple and tasty enchilada dish. It goes together quickly because you start with a rotisserie chicken.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, cooked rotisserie from the store, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Mix picante sauce, soup, sour cream and chili powder.
- Reserve one cup of the sauce mixture.
- Mix the reserved picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese.
- Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam-side down in 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until hot.
- Top with additional picante sauce, tomato and onion.
I made this, but I made some changes and errors that damaged the end results. Feeling very stupid. I had to use salsa instead of picante sauce because the latter was too high in sodium; I also had to use lowfat versions of the dairy products. I think this would have been much better if I hadn't done any of those things. I added some chipotle and ancho pepper powders, along with cayenne pepper, for some more heat. That change actually was good. Thanks for a quick, easy meal!
This was so quick and easy, and delicious. I would have given 5 stars except that I usually make my own sauces from scratch for authentic Mexican flavor. However, for a "cheater" recipe, this was fantastic, and much quicker than scratch cooking. My only changes: I held out the cheese and mixed it with the reserved sauce and added about 2 teaspoons of sambal oelek for a little extra kick, then put all that on top before sticking it in the oven.
This was super simple to make and pretty tasty. I didn't have the onions and wish I had as I think it would have given it more flavor. Thank you for a great and simple recipe!