Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Two words - Rich and Creamy!
Make and share this Donna's 4th of July Margarita Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed dry roasted peanuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 large lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- lime zest
- pretzel crumb
- Preheat Oven to 350*.
- Combine Crushed Pretzels, Sugar, Melted Butter, and Crushed Peanuts.
- Using a Spring form Cheesecake pan, Mash Pretzel mixture into the bottom, making a crust and bake for 5 minute only! Set aside.
- Beat Softened Cream Cheese, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Egg Yolks, Lime Juices, Zest, and Vanilla until Fluffy and Smooth.
- Pour into the Pie Crust and bake for 15 minute or until set.
- Let Pie cool and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While pie is cooling, Beat Heavy Whipping Cream until soft peaks start to form. As you're mixing add the Powdered Sugar one tablespoon at a time until mixture is slightly stiff.
- Next add the Whipped Topping to the top of your refrigerated pie and top the whipped topping with a little more Lime Zest and or Pretzel Crumbs.
- To remove Pie from the spring form pan, using a butter knife, run the knife around the edge of the pie to loosen it from the sides and pop open the springform ring.
- Gently remove the ring and place pie on a glass Cake plate. I use one with a pedestal and a cover.
- After slicing the pie return it to the refrigerator.