1/2 Photos of Donna's 4th of July Margarita Key Lime Pie
2 hrs 20 mins
Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Two words - Rich and Creamy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed dry roasted peanuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 large lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- lime zest
- pretzel crumb
- 1Preheat Oven to 350*.
- 2Combine Crushed Pretzels, Sugar, Melted Butter, and Crushed Peanuts.
- 3Using a Spring form Cheesecake pan, Mash Pretzel mixture into the bottom, making a crust and bake for 5 minute only! Set aside.
- 4Beat Softened Cream Cheese, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Egg Yolks, Lime Juices, Zest, and Vanilla until Fluffy and Smooth.
- 5Pour into the Pie Crust and bake for 15 minute or until set.
- 6Let Pie cool and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7While pie is cooling, Beat Heavy Whipping Cream until soft peaks start to form. As you're mixing add the Powdered Sugar one tablespoon at a time until mixture is slightly stiff.
- 8Next add the Whipped Topping to the top of your refrigerated pie and top the whipped topping with a little more Lime Zest and or Pretzel Crumbs.
- 9To remove Pie from the spring form pan, using a butter knife, run the knife around the edge of the pie to loosen it from the sides and pop open the springform ring.
- 10Gently remove the ring and place pie on a glass Cake plate. I use one with a pedestal and a cover.
- 11After slicing the pie return it to the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donna's 4th of July Margarita Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.6
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 206.1 mg
- Sodium 858.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g