Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Everyone for some reason hates meatloaf, but my family goes back for seconds with this one. My Dad taught me how to make his version, but my version is wonderful. I added bread crumbs so that the meat sticks together and it's not as watery. I use to add tomato sauce but ketchup is sweeter. Also, I sometimes add some seasoning salt for a little extra flavor.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 -4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ketchup (optional)
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients into medium bowl.
- Mix and press hard with hands while combining ingredients and pack hard so it will stay together better.
- Place meat on 13x9-inch pan in the form of a loaf.
- Add additional ketchup to the top (recommended but is optional).
- Also optional, to sop up some of the grease, place more bread crumbs around the loaf.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
Donna you are true to your word. Your meatloaf is amazing. The entire family also went back for seconds. I also like your idea about putting dried bread crumbs around the meatloaf to soak up the liquid. It worked a treat. We will make this again. Thankyou for sharing