Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The same day I found out that ZWT3 would be going to Scandinavia my friend Donna served these at Bible study. The are a thin, rich sugar cookie. The Swedish vanilla sugar is an unusual ingredient that may take some hunting to find. Lyle's golden syrup is available at many grocers.
- 2 cups butter (no subs)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup, Lyle's
- 1⁄4 cup swedish vanilla sugar (vanillin socker, see note)
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar & syrup until fluffy.
- Mix in vanillan socker, soda & flour.
- Dough will be stiff but that makes rolling it easier.
- Roll into long rope (diameter about size of nickel) and the length of the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. After removing from oven, drop pan onto counter to flatten.
- Slice into 1 inch “bars” while warm.
- These are very thin cookies and this recipe makes a lot of cookies.
- Swedish Vanilla Sugar is a powdered vanilla sugar, not granular: most common - Swedish Vanilla Sugar (Vanillin Socker),Freia Vanilla Sugar, Dr. Oetker Vanilla Sugar.