Recipe by Lee_tah
Taken from Donna Hay magazine July/August 2005. I have put the garlic in the milk mix instead of dabbing it among the potatoes, as she suggests. If you don't have fresh pumpkin: - omit it and use all potato - or substitute slices of raw sweet potato - or substitute slices of cauliflower.
- 20 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 40 g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 300 g fresh pumpkin, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 75 g blue cheese, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush a 1-litre baking dish with the first lot of butter.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, second lot of butter and sage together and set aside.
- PLace cream, milk and nutmeg in a small saucepan and heat until just boiled, then remove from heat. Stir in crushed garlic.
- Layer pototatoe, pumpkin and onion. Season each layer with salt and pepper and dot with blue cheese. Finish with a layer of potatoe. Pour over cream mixture and top with breadcrumb mix.
- Bake 45 minutes or until potato and pumpkin are tender.