Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An extremely sweet, gooey, caramely slice topped with chocolate sure to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. An aussie classic! I couldn't find this version on recipezaar so have put it up myself to keep in my own cookbook.
- Method: Base (first 4 ingredients).
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (200°C or 180°C fan forced).
- 2. Combine the flour, coconut, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- 3. Press the mixture into a slice tin that has been lined with baking paper.
- 4. Bake for around 15-18 min (until browned).
- Method: Caramel Filling. (next 3 ingredients).
- 1. Put the golden syrup, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over low heat and stir for 7 min, or until it has combined and thickened slightly.
- 2.Pour the caramel over the cooked base.
- 3. Bake for 20min (check after 15), or until the caramel is golden.
- 4. Refrigerate until the slice is cold.
- Method: Topping. (last 2 ingredients).
- 1. Place the chocolate and oil in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- 2. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 3. Spread over the slice.
- 4. Refrigerate until firm.
- 5. Cut with a heated knife.