An extremely sweet, gooey, caramely slice topped with chocolate sure to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. An aussie classic! I couldn't find this version on recipezaar so have put it up myself to keep in my own cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Method: Base (first 4 ingredients).
- 21. Preheat the oven to 350°F (200°C or 180°C fan forced).
- 32. Combine the flour, coconut, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- 43. Press the mixture into a slice tin that has been lined with baking paper.
- 54. Bake for around 15-18 min (until browned).
- 6Method: Caramel Filling. (next 3 ingredients).
- 71. Put the golden syrup, butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over low heat and stir for 7 min, or until it has combined and thickened slightly.
- 82.Pour the caramel over the cooked base.
- 93. Bake for 20min (check after 15), or until the caramel is golden.
- 104. Refrigerate until the slice is cold.
- 11Method: Topping. (last 2 ingredients).
- 121. Place the chocolate and oil in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- 132. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 143. Spread over the slice.
- 154. Refrigerate until firm.
- 165. Cut with a heated knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donna Hay's Chocolate Caramel Slice
Serving Size: 1 (1618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g