- 200 g dark chocolate couverture, chopped
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm (8 in) square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly in the tin.
- Cut into slices, serve warm or cold.
- Makes 16 slices.