From Donna Hay's "The Instant Cook". Very easy but looks like a cafe dessert! You can also make it with mangoes and replace the ground almonds with desiccated coconut. Or apricots and ground hazelnuts. I use my silicon large 6-muffins moulds, and they come out easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160C (200F).
- 2Stir 90g butter, brown sugar and water together in a saucepan until butter is melted. Then stir in apple slices and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Spoon apples equally into 6 x 1 cup muffin tins or ramikins. put a few tablespoons of syrup in with the apple slices as well. Reserve the remaining syrup for later.
- 4Prepare the cake batter: Put all the ingredients in a bowl together. Mix until combined. Then spoon the batter equally over apples.
- 5Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Cool 5 minutes in the tin, then flip onto serving plates. Serve with extra caramel sauce and ice cream or unsweetened cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donna Hay's Apple Upside-Down Syrup Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.1
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 266.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g