I got this recipe from The Early Show on CBS recently, looks good.
Make and share this Donna Bell's Bake Shop Hummingbird Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- donna bell's bake shop hummingbird bread pudding
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups milk, whole
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 bananas (one mashed, one cut into small bites)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup pecans
- cream cheese, pecan sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus extra if needed
- 4 tablespoons milk, plus extra if needed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- Cube bread or rustic tear into small pieces.
- Whisk eggs, add vanilla and milk- mix.
- Add dry ingredients- sugar, cinnamon.
- Mix in smashed banana.
- Fold in banana pieces, pecans, coconut, and pineapple.
- Add all bread to mixture- stir and mix.
- Let mixture sit for 10-15 minutes- mix again after 5-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture in greased casserole pan, bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- Cool, serve, top with Cream Cheese Pecan Sauce (recipe follows).
- Whip cream cheese with spoon and add powdered sugar slowly until smooth. Add vanilla and milk. Mix completely.
- Fold in pecans and drizzle over warm Hummingbird Bread Pudding!