Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been curious about this sauce after hearing about it all over the net; people seem to love it. I believe the sauce to be Guy Fieri's invention but I'm afraid I altered quite a bit (you can find the original on google). Made this for my daughter as she is on a low carb diet and it was Fantastic on meats. Garlic is very high in carbs (45 carbs in just 1 cup) but servings are so small it doesn't amount to much here - so enjoy!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 5 -6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (I use a peppercorn blend)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the top 1/3 off 5 - 6 cloves of garlic, place sliced side up in a pie pan lined w/ aluminum foil and drizzle them w/ a little olive oil.
- Bake the cloves, covered, for 45 min, then uncovered for 15 more.
- Cool the garlic, then squeeze the cloves out of their wrappers into a small mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mash the garlic into a paste w/ a fork.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper together until smooth.
- Let sauce sit in the fridge for a couple hours before using it, to allow flavors to blend.
- I wouldn't keep this past a week or 10 days.
Hey Mum! Funny, I was just eating this and Googled it to see the recipe and your post was the first one that came up. This sauce is awesome. I've had it about three months now and it still tastes great, it's holding up really well. I'll keep eatin' it til it's green. (; Love you!