Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect Cinco de Mayo shrimp dish from the famous restaurant courtesy of our local newspaper.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Heat sauce in a large skillet over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Add shrimp; cook just until they are pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
Fast, easy and delicious!!! I had some tequila to use...limes that I had frozen so this recipe was the perfect choice. I didn't have any jalapenos, so I used some hot sauce. I would definately use this one again. Thanks for sharing!!
I LOVE this recipe. It's easy, fast, delicious and simple. I had everything done in less than 15 minutes, start to finish, including cleaning. My son liked the sauce so much he wanted it on his pasta, with no shrimp. We are not shrimp fans normally but this is a good shrimp dish. Next time I will add some fresh grated ginger because I think it would go well with this dish. Thank you.
This was very easy. Though, it did not have as much flavor as I expected. I sauteed mushrooms and leeks, removed them from the pan, then added them back in when the shrimp were done to have a few veggies. Served over rice.