Recipe by Steve P.
Delicious Oatmeal cookies. Done in the sanap of a finger with the most minimal of ingredients, and only one bowl to wash up!
Top Review by Robin W
I found these cookies to be wonderful. I also realized after the first batch that if you cook them for two minutes less (13 mins. in my oven) and let them cool off for the two minutes on the cookie sheet they are easier to remove.
- 3 3⁄4 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (don't use shortening) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (don't use shortening)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Knead together with your hands to form dough.
- Make small walnut size balls by rolling dough between your palms.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork in water and flatten each ball in a criss-cross fashion (once up and down and once across).
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes until golden, watch the first batch carefully so you can judge cooking time for your oven so as not to burn the bottoms.
- Remove to plate with a spatula to cool.