Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious Oatmeal cookies. Done in the sanap of a finger with the most minimal of ingredients, and only one bowl to wash up!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Knead together with your hands to form dough.
- Make small walnut size balls by rolling dough between your palms.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork in water and flatten each ball in a criss-cross fashion (once up and down and once across).
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes until golden, watch the first batch carefully so you can judge cooking time for your oven so as not to burn the bottoms.
- Remove to plate with a spatula to cool.
I found these cookies to be wonderful. I also realized after the first batch that if you cook them for two minutes less (13 mins. in my oven) and let them cool off for the two minutes on the cookie sheet they are easier to remove.
Made these last week. Came out perfectly with no changes. I had 2 neigbors as me for the recipe. One called this morning to say her kids loved them and enjoyed helping to make them. My guess is the one person who revied this that had a problem did something wrong some where as no one else seems to have had one.
Lovely cookies, very easy to make! I took away one star from my rating because it was a little too sweet and took longer to bake (almost 1 hour). Next time I'll use 1/2 cup sugar insead of 3/4. Grinding the sugar helps a lot it making a more pliable dough. I made smaller "walnut-shaped balls" and ended up with around 5 dozen cookies! The vanilla adds an awesome flavour :)