Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is slightly different every time it's made. Change it up and add your own ingredients, your favorite vegetables. This makes enough to serve my family of 4 two nights running, plus leftovers for lunches.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 -2 yellow pepper
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 2 (24 ounce) jarsof prepared spaghetti sauce (prego or whatever is your favorite)
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons prepared minced garlic (comes in a can)
- Brown the ground beef, drain and remove from pan.
- Start by chopping the onion and celery. Carmelize the onion and celery in the small amount of butter. While this is cooking chop the other vegetables and add them to the pan as you go. Make sure to give it all a toss regularly so that it doesn't stick or burn.
- Add the red wine, garlic, and sundried tomato pesto. Toss.
- Add the beef back into the pan. Add the jars of Spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. Mix well and allow to simmer an hour or so on low heat. Stir periodically, be careful not to burn, it is thick! You can eat it in less time, but the flavor is better the longer it simmers.
- Serve on cooked pasta.