Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with these quick sauces to top off Donar Kebabs (gyros), similar to what you get in Europe. There's a white sauce similar to an aioli and a red chili sauce similar to harissa, but these use shortcuts to cut down on prep time since you're also cooking up the donar kebabs. I make these to go with my recipe Gyros Quick and Easy (Donair / Donar) .
For the White Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Red Chili Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (can adjust for personal taste)
- For the white sauce, mix all the ingredients till well combined in a small bowl.
- For the red sauce, mix all the ingredients till well combined in a seperate small bowl.
- Drizzle over the donar kebab or gyro.