My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons distilled vinegar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into 8 pieces (no substitutions)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 lb thinly smoked salmon, cut crosswise into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Fill large skillet halfway with water.
- 2Add vinegar and bring to a gentle boil.
- 3Meanwhile whisk egg yolks, 2 tbs. water and lemon juice in small saucepan.
- 4Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan.
- 5Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until butter is completely incorporated and sauce is thickened.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in salt, paprika and ground red pepper.
- 8Break eggs and carefully add to simmering water.
- 9Cook uncovered, gently spooning water over the tops of yolks until whites are set and yolks are cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10Place 1 toasted muffin half on each of 4 plates.
- 11Set aside 1/4 cup sliced salmon for garnish.
- 12Arrange remaining salmon over muffins.
- 13With slotted spoon, place poached eggs on salmon.
- 14Spoon sauce over eggs.
- 15Top with reserved salmon.
- 16Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donald Trump Elegant Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 363.5 mg
- Sodium 672.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g