Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Ladies Home Journal's "Breakfast with the Stars". Check out Ivana's recipe too. It's Ivana Trump Breakfast Biscotti
- 2 teaspoons distilled vinegar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into 8 pieces (no substitutions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 lb thinly smoked salmon, cut crosswise into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Fill large skillet halfway with water.
- Add vinegar and bring to a gentle boil.
- Meanwhile whisk egg yolks, 2 tbs. water and lemon juice in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan.
- Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, until butter is completely incorporated and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, paprika and ground red pepper.
- Break eggs and carefully add to simmering water.
- Cook uncovered, gently spooning water over the tops of yolks until whites are set and yolks are cooked, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place 1 toasted muffin half on each of 4 plates.
- Set aside 1/4 cup sliced salmon for garnish.
- Arrange remaining salmon over muffins.
- With slotted spoon, place poached eggs on salmon.
- Spoon sauce over eggs.
- Top with reserved salmon.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Very nice. Clear instructions to make a delicious brunch dish!