Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sweet garlic sauce served with Donairs that we are fond of in Atlantic Canada.
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk (cold)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Beat the cold canned milk together with the granulated sugar.
- While continuing to beat. slowly add the vinegar to the milk mixture.
- Mixture should be fluffy.
- Mix in the garlic salt.
- Serve with New Brunswick Donairs.
- May store for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
As we say in Newfoundland "that is the cat's a**!" I made it to go with pizza and garlic fingers for supper. I doubled the recipe because I like to put some garlic fingers on my donair sauce. lol I won't be paying the extra to add donair sauce to my order ever again!
Being from the east coast of Canada and loving donair sauce I think this recipe is fantastic! Absolutely perfect! Good recipe burnt toast! Thank you!
This is an excellent sauce for the Donairs. I also use this same sauce without the garlic salt and add creamy horseradish, just a bit to it and serve it with the Donairs and also with shredded cabbage, this is highly praised in Montana and Alberta also Thanks for posting!