Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the San Antonio newspaper. This is a wonderful cranberry sauce for pork, turkey, chicken. Easy to make, guests will rave!
- 1 (10 ounce) jar jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In heavy saucepan over med-low heat add jalapeno jelly with vinegar, honey and sugar stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from stove.
- Add everything else mixing thoroughly.
- Let mixture sit for 1 hour to meld flavors.
- Can be made several days ahead and refrigerated.
- Raisins will plump up.
- Allow to come to room temperature or heat to serve.
I made this chutney as a gift for some friends of ours who really appreciate spicy foods, & I thought of them when I saw the jelly ingredient! It was a little too spice for my taste buds, but they very much enjoyed it & asked for the recipe, so it rates a definite 5! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]