Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe posted by request, author unknown.
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 quart cooked pinto beans (, with juice)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Saute bacon, jalapeno and onion until well browned.
- Add the beans, tomato and spices.
- Bring to a boil and add cilantro.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Diana this is wonderfull stuff!!! I didn't have any garlic powder so I used 2 cloves smashed garlic, the only other change was that I forgot to put the black pepper in! but it didn't matter, it had lots of heat anyway. DH says it looks like chili, but tastes quite different,"better", we will be making this again! We'll finish it off for supper tomorrow night with some nice crunchy rolls. thanks for sharing a real keeper!!and making my first try at Mexican a success!! this and the armadillo eggs were a huge hit!!