Recipe by Nedley Meyers
I love Don Pablos and so does my family. I just hate spending $4.00 for a bowl of their Chili Con Queso that may family gobbles up in 2 minutes. Here is a recipe that tastes exactly like theirs and cost about 1/3 as much to make!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This dip is very easy to make but it is grainier than the con queso that I am use to. The flavor was very good but I prefer a smoother, creamier texture. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014.
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, remove stems and seeds, chop fine
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté the onion in the butter for 10 minutes, uncovered. Add the chili powder, tomatoes, jalapeños and simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Add the cheese, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts. Add the sour cream and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with soft or crispy tortillas.
- Yield: 2 to 3 Servings.